Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Length CHECK!



Hello Beauty Queens,

So as I said in my last post I was going to be documenting my natural hair journey with length checks on the 29th of each month. So, December came and went for all of us and uploaded are a couple pictures of my length for the month of December. In the picture to the left, my hair is wet and I applied Mixed Chicks, Leave in Conditioner. This leave in conditioner isn't good for things like moisture, all it does is define the curl which isn't that great for trying to retain moisture and promote hair growth. The alcohol in this conditioner makes my hair kind of hard like a gel would and dry, but it really does make my curls look great after air drying.

The picture on the right (aside from my messy makeup counter) is my hair when its dry with no Mixed Chicks Leave In Conditioner in it. You can really see the growth of my hair from when I first documented in November.

As far as my hair washing routine, I am between two shampoos, Giovanni's Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo and Alikay Natural's Moisture Rich Black Soap Shampoo. I like the Giovanni one better because I think that it cleans my hair better. My hair seems to itch a lot less later in the week when I use this shampoo. I use a Joico conditioner, and then top all that off with Alikay Natural's, Honey and Sage Deep Conditioner. This conditioner smells AMAZING! It works absolutely fabulous at moisturizing the hair an my curls look great when I wash it out. Also, my hair feels silky when every I wash it out. But, it was quite expensive, $14 for 8 oz. Which is kind of steep, so I'll be testing somethings out, I have seen a list on Hairlista.com of top 10 deep conditioners, so soon I will probably make a trip to Sally's and pick up a few things.

Until then, stay beautiful.

xoxoMissN

No comments:

Post a Comment